Another month, another Birchbox! I've been very pleased with what Birchbox has been sending me lately, though not everything has worked for me. But I feel like the curators are killin' it, ya know? Keep reading to see what I got and to find out what worked and what didn't!
- MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream in Silverlite, $33- I tried this out both under and on top of my makeup and, no surprise, it is more visible on top. It's pretty subtle compared to the powder highlighters I usually use, so it's great for a more natural looking highlight. This smells great and I do like using it as an illuminating primer, however my NYX illuminating primer is way cheaper so I'll probably stick with that.
- Whish Firming Body Cream, $36- This smells great, feels good, and claims to reduce inflammation and diminish the appearance of stretch marks, though I'm not sure about that since this is only a little sample. The directions say to massage it on your skin for 2-3 minutes, and when you actually try to do that, 2-3 minutes feels like forever.
- COOLA SPF 30 Organic Makeup Setting Spray, $36- I was so excited for this because ya girl burns easily and she also frequently forgets to apply sunscreen but always remembers setting spray. This seemed like a perfect solution for me and I wondered why all setting sprays don't have SPF in them. This smells good, but also has a very sunscreen-y scent to it, and the spray isn't very fine, it kinda shoots you in the face instead of a light misting, which could potentially ruin makeup. I love the idea of it, but it needs some improvements before I shell out $36 for a full size bottle.
- OUAI Wave Spray, $26- I've never been a fan of texturizing sprays but everyone raves about OUAI, so I was hopeful. It smells great and claims that it won't dry out your hair. No matter how much or how little of this I used, my hair felt dry and disgusting. Texturizing sprays and my hair just don't get along, I guess.
- The Beauty Crop Fabulous Flocking Lashes, $19.90- It's pretty windy where I live, especially on mountaintops, and my eyes always water like crazy. I almost always forget to put on waterproof mascara, or even buy it, so I was glad to receive this. It's cruelty free and the packaging is super cute, but the wand is pretty basic, so I was unsure of it. As long as I curl my eyelashes before applying it, it looks great and comes off fairly easily with micellar water. I'm not sure if I would buy it, but I'm definitely going to use it till it's gone.
Have you tried any of these? Want to sign up for Birchbox?