Life Lately:Last week I got in a car accident for the first time. Without telling the whole dramatic story, it was due to a semi truck driver driving recklessly. Thankfully it wasn't the semi who hit us, but we got rear-ended and I was in quite a bit of pain for a few days. It was not a fun experience but I am so incredibly thankful that no one was seriously injured or killed.
After that happened I took longer than I probably needed to recover and relax a bit. I'm behind on my work and I feel very out of touch with recent events. Do you ever get to that point where you're so disconnected that you've surpassed FOMO and you don't care about what you've missed but you feel like you should care and the fact that you don't care stresses you out? That's what I'm feeling. Does that even make sense?
Besides all that business, Spencer and I have both been working on some projects that we're very excited about. I feel like I've been dropping hints for months and I don't want to really talk about it just yet, but also...I want to talk about it so darn badly! Anyway, that's another reason why I've been sort of quiet. I'm just so eager to work this all out!
- My queen, Kate Nash, is an independent artist now and needs help to put out her 4th album. She's started a Kickstarter to fund it and if you pledge $10 or more, you can get a digital download of the album before it's released! If you're a fan of Kate I implore you to donate or at least share the Kickstarter page. Hooray for supporting musicians!
- Julia's post about her recent trip to Fort Myers made me a bit homesick for Florida-- and eager to explore Florida's west coast in the future, since I've only been there once.
- On April 15th, 16th, 22nd, and 23rd you can visit the National Parks for free in celebration of National Park Week. Click here to find events and to find your park!
- Alyse shared her tips for improving photography on a budget and I found it very helpful. I had no clue what a gray card was before reading this, but now I realize that I probably need one.
- The car accident made me realize that I really need to buy (or make and print my own) "my pet is home alone"cards for my wallet just in case something horrible ever did happen to me. It's not a pleasant thing to think about but if that happened, I would want my furchildren to be taken care of. (Can you tell that I'm lowkey freaking out about the fragility of life?)
What have you been up to lately?