When spoilers for the April Ipsy Glam Bag started popping up around the internet, I was so excited. Not only is the bag super cute, definitely my favorite so far, most of the picks for this month seemed great. I was hoping that Ipsy would bless me with the Lisa Frank x Glamour Dolls angled blush brush, but unfortunately they didn't so I took matters into my own hands, pre-ordered it, and should have it sometime in May. Nearly 25 years old and I'm still not over Lisa Frank...anyone else?
- Elizabeth Mott Show Me Your Glow Shimmer Shadow & Highlighter, $25- Yet another gold-champagne-y eyeshadow/highlighter. If you recall, they also sent me similar products from Manna Kadar and INT Cosmetics. This is a perfectly fine product, it's pretty and blends well, but ugh. Boring. I have so many things like this.
- MintPear Vitamin C Serum, $79- This product very slightly smells like that slime that came in cups that I used to play with when I was a kid. Other than that, it feels really good on the skin but I didn't notice any results from using this little sample size.
- Josie Maran Cosmetics Whipped Argan Oil Face Butter, $40- This has little to no scent and is very hydrating but I didn't see anything too special about it.
- OFRA Cosmetics Blush, $15- I was sent the color "Rendezvous" and it's very pretty and blends well. On another note, this Glam Bag is my fourth from Ipsy, and I've already received three blushes. I've been hearing about OFRA for the longest time, but had never tried anything of theirs until this. I'm torn between being happy that I finally got to try an OFRA product and being annoyed that I've gotten so many blushes from Ipsy in such a short time. I don't need nearly as many blushes as they seem to think I do.
- EM Cosmetics Illustrative Eyeliner Brush Tip, $15- The arrival of my Ipsy bag was perfect timing because all of my liquid liners were starting to dry out. I like this eyeliner, though like Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner, I found it a little difficult to work with at first.
Overall, I'm pretty disappointed with this bag. My favorite item was the bag itself. I don't feel like much thought went into my selections and there was no standout product in this bag. I've seen what other people got in their bags and I feel like I got the leftovers. As soon as I found out what was coming in my April Glam Bag, I changed my beauty preferences. Hopefully next month they'll send me some more exciting products. I still have faith in them!
Want to subscribe to Ipsy? Want to check out my past Ipsy reviews?