Life lately:I am so happy that it's finally spring, but unfortunately the above photo wasn't taken recently. Everything is still pretty brown and dead here and the ground is still blanketed in snow. I just need some flowers and greenery in my life!
It's been a busy couple of weeks for me and I've felt tired and overwhelmed most of the time, but I am so excited for the coming months. I'm not 100% sure what's going to happen in the coming months, but the potential is exciting! This was pretty vague. Ha. Whoops. Sometimes you just gotta keep things to yourself.
I mentioned a couple weeks ago that I was going on a super-secret trip this weekend (spoiler: it was to Chicago) but there were so many conflicting things going on, I cancelled. I'm pretty disappointed but a little relieved. I booked the trip on a whim, which I don't typically do, it has been years since I last traveled by myself, and a lot of the details were still up in the air. Maybe I'll re-book the trip sometime soon when things are more calm and give myself more time to plan.
- Samantha gives yet another reason why pets are wonderful-- they help with self care.
- I'm not expecting or expecting to expect, but Shannon's post about pregnancy bump shaming is certainly worth a read.
- I had no idea there was such a thing as a Coffee & Tea Festival until Becca posted her haul and I'm totally into it (and a little jealous).
- I always welcome more music recommendations, and here Monika lists 10 female artists you need to know in 2017.
- People often get irked with me and my lack of Facebook usage, but I am significantly happier when I stay away than when I browse the Newsfeed. Here Betti discusses why staying away from Facebook in these weird times is a good call.
Is spring arriving where you live, or are you still stuck in winter? What did you read this week?